This week we were joined by budding actor, social media content connoisseur and overall joy, Thea Nicholas. Thea joined us in our Istanbul-based studio during her 24 hour layover in the city on her way to her summer getaway in Greece. We were so grateful to have a long-time supporter of the brand come meet the team face-to-face! We styled new summer pieces and discussed everything from growing up with a single mom to body tapping! See our full interview below! 

Where did you grow up and what was your childhood like?
I grew up in the Boston area. My mom was a single mom and I have two sisters, so I grew up primarily around women, which I'm so thankful for as I was raised with the idea I could do anything. I think that really helped to shape me. I also have to give my dad some credit for cultural influences like art and music.  

What's your dream for your career?
My dream is to always be creating art and hopefully have a platform to promote things that are important to me like sustainability, energy, and spirituality. Most specifically I want to be a film actor and singer. 

Why is sustainability important to you and how are you trying to be sustainable in your day to day like? 
For a long time, I was ignorant of the importance of sustainability. Over the past few years, it's hit me how important it is. I am now trying to incorporate sustainability into my everyday life, by thrifting 99% of the clothing I wear, and the other 1% I buy from sustainable brands. I use a bamboo toothbrush, I always bring utensils in my bag so I'm not relying on single-use plastic every day. 

How do you unwind after a rough day?
My ideal unwinding situation is to come home listen to a Barbra Streisand record, make a cup of tea, dance around and sing to my heart's content. I've also recently been introduced to body tapping, so that's something I'm trying to implement more into my life. Also, things like journaling and having a creative outlet is really important to me. 

Where do you see yourself in 5 years?
Most likely living in New York, auditioning a lot, making more content, and hopefully very sure of who I am and very secure in my identity. I'm very impressionable, so that's something I'm working on. I want to be unwavering, know who I am and be a badass. 

Who has been the biggest influencer in your life and why?
It's a corny answer. but I'm going to say, my mom. This is something I've learned as I've gotten older is just how incredible my mom is. She raised three girls on her own and was working a full-time job and somehow managed to keep it all together. She received a lot of criticism for being a single mom in the small town we grew up in. But she was so dedicated to making her girls happy and always put us first, it's only as I've gotten older that I've realized how insane it is that she did all that. 

If you could tell your younger self one thing, what would it be?
It would be to listen to your gut, as it's generally always right. Also, listen to your body because it knows you and it knows when you're in a situation that's compromising. Hold onto yourself as tight as you can, because it can get easy to lose yourself in other people. And the end the day you're your own how, and that's where you can be the freest. 

What do you feel the best wearing?
I feel the best wearing light wash baggy wide leg jeans, any top with puffy sleeves. And any shoe with a square toe, or dad sneakers. So something an old lady might wear, but also maybe a little girl from the 50s.  

Do you have any favourite podcasts?
I don't really have a favourite podcast at the moment, but I have been really into self help audio books. 'Big Magic' is one of my favourites, and I've recently started the "10 Day Challenge to Being Your True Self". Anything that really promotes being authentic to who you really are. 

You can shop Thea's wardrobe here:

Yorum yapın

Yorumların yayınlanabilmesi için onaylanması gerektiğini lütfen unutmayın